Friday, February 20, 2009

2 Months

My baby boy is 2 months old today. Some of the things that ran through my mind...

  • Being a mom has taken me to new levels of love, fear, appreciation and exhaustion.

  • Watching Jason with Ben has been amazing. I always knew he would make a great father, and I am thankful every day for the dad and husband he is.

  • I have had to redefine my definition of accomplishment. There are many days when the dishes don't get done, dinner comes from the freezer and my schoolwork falls by the wayside. But, I know that I have accomplished the most important task - meeting all of Ben's needs and showing him that he is loved.

  • I will never take sleep for granted again. After eight weeks of waking up every 2-3 hours, the last two nights Ben slept for a stretch of 5 hours straight. Hallelujah! I feel refreshed, at least for today.

  • I wish our parents lived closer
  • Is it wrong of me to want to make out with Ben's face? It's just so scrumptious!


Happy 2 month birthday, Benny. Mommy loves you!

1 comment:

amcdivitt said...

Wow! I can't believe Ben is already over 2 months old. It seems like just yesterday I was talking to you on the phone a few days after he was born. Under you thoughts, along with your parents being closer, I wish that cousins were closer too! I'm counting on you to document the farm trip next weekend. Love ya!