Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Facts

There's a survey going around Facebook where you are supposed to list 25 random facts about yourself. Since my blog is linked to my facebook, I figured why not kill two birds with one stone and post it here first. Every time I see one of these posts, it is reminiscent of those "survey" forwards I used to fill out in high school. I actually just looked at my email and I still have several that were forwarded to me years ago. It's pretty funny see what people said about themselves back then (Liz, if you are reading this, I have one from you from November 18, 2000. Do you recall your "fave day of the year?"). I'm sure one day I'll look back at this list and laugh at the ridiculousness of some of my responses, but here I go!

Also, let me say, I am only doing this #1- because Ben is sleeping, and #2- it's 3:00 in the afternoon, I don't work, and nothing good is on TV for another hour.

So, here are 25 random (aka carefully thought out) facts about me:

1. I'm ready for winter to end. Not a fan of the cold.
2. Being a mom is more challenging than I ever thought.
3. I love my son more than I ever could have imagined.
4. Whenever I grocery shop at Meijer, I immediately look at the "you saved" line at the top of the receipt. I make it my goal to save at least 30% from my total bill.
5. Sylvester Stallone once put his arm around me.
6. I can't wait until the day I own my own washer and dryer.
7. I still don't get why people in Michigan say "beach" when referring to lakes. To me, the only true beach is next to the ocean!
8. Speaking of which, I love the beach and everything about it.
9. Now that I'm thinking about the beach, I'm itching to go on a vacation!
10. I've been driving the same car since high school (oh, my little Kia Sephia...)
11. I'm picky about my ice cream - none of that cheap stuff - give me Breyers!
12. I think I have a relatively high pain tolerance.
13. I'd rather watch the movie than read the book.
14. After giving birth, my nails suddenly became strong and long. I love it!
15. Also, a week after giving birth, I weighed 10 lbs. less than I did before I was pregnant (thank you, gall bladder).
16. I can't wait to finish my master's in May.
17. My husband really is my best friend.
18. I have been known to make brownie batter just to eat, not bake.
19. I do love to bake, but don't particularly care to cook.
20. My eyesight is terrible. Without my contacts I can only see things 6 inches in front of my face clearly. I would love to get laser eye surgery someday.
21. Even if I had money, I would still shop the sale racks.
22. I would love to plan a wedding again.
23. I can't remember the last time I used a credit card. Cash or debit only. Debt free is the way to be!
24. I think NASCAR is ridiculous.
25. I want to be more like Jesus.

Okay, it's now more than an hour after I first started this post. Granted, Ben did wake up, I fed and changed him, and put him back to sleep, but these things take me way too long! I think this is the last facebook forward I succumb to for a while!

No comments: