Saturday, December 06, 2008

Only 3 weeks to go!

I can't believe that my due date is now only 3 weeks away! I went to the doctor yesterday and I am right on track as far as my measurements and the baby's size go. The doctor estimated that the baby is actually already 6 1/2 pounds. I was hoping to deliver a 6-pounder (I was 6 lbs. 13 oz. when I was born) , but it's not looking like that will happen. I still feel like I have a while left before this baby comes. He has not dropped yet and I have had not had braxton-hicks contractions or any other symptoms that he's coming any time soon. With the 27th as my due date, I'm hoping he does not come on Christmas day, but he'd better come before the end of the year. My doctor is on board with helping the process along if I am starting to progress naturally in the next couple of weeks. Looks like I'll be taking some long walks!

This past weekend, I had a baby shower in Ohio. One of the highlights was seeing a great friend, Kortney, who I have not seen since I have been pregnant. She is one of those friends who I could not see or talk with for months, and we pick up right where we left off. It was so good to see her, even though it was only for a couple of hours!


For Thanksgiving last week, we also attended Jason's family's annual get-together. Half of the family is from Ohio, and the other half is from Michigan. They always have a "Michigan vs. Ohio State" football game. After 3 hours of playing in the bitter cold, Michigan was victorious! I didn't care who won, I just wanted to get inside so I could feel my toes again.


No comments: