Monday, May 04, 2009

So advanced

From the beginning, Jason and I have liked to think that Ben is advanced for his age. Really, what doting parent doesn't? We took him to the doctor today for his four month check-up, and as I laid him on the examination table he was squirming around and rolling from side to side. The doctor looked over and said, "Wow, he's pretty advanced. I think you're going to have an early crawler and walker. You'd better watch out!" She also stated that the control he has over his movements is more like a six-month-old than a four-month-old. So, it's not just my rose-colored mommy vision - Ben really is advanced! Or so I'll keep telling myself.

He's also on the large side for his age, but not off the charts. He is now 26" long and weighs 16 lbs. 4 oz., which is about the 75th percentile.

Other developments over the last month: he is reaching for everything and trying to put it in his mouth, he can roll over both front to back and back to front, he smiles and laughs a lot, he is crying less, and can play by himself. Sleep on the other hand is still not under control. Most nights he wakes up every 4 hours or so. There have been a precious few nights he has slept for 7-8 hours in a row. I'm hoping to work on getting him to sleep through the night this month. Actually, I NEED to... for my own sanity.

Here are some recent photos:

Get those toys!

Who? Me?

I'll be crawling sooner than you think!

Oh, my baby boy. Where is the time going?

No comments: